November 6, 2008

Thrifty Thursday's



Welcome to another week of Thrifty Thursday's! This week's tip is to consider how much electricity you are using and if you can change it. My husband and I are conducting a frugal experiment - go see what we are doing!

We started trying to go without lights this week and it's hard. It's especially hard because it's dark out at 6pm. If I don't get dinner started right away then I'm cooking while it's dark. We have turned on the lights a few times but we are keeping it to a minimum. I'll keep you updated and let you know how much we save!

Go visit Thrifty Jinxy for more Thrifty Thursday's!

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried cooking by candlelight? It can actually add quite a bit of light if you use several candles. During power outages, we have a few candles in the living room, kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms. It really does help. Just don't forget to blow them out before you got to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We did one time! I think that it will probably take awhile for me to adjust. I'm one of those people who uses entirely too much light when I'm cooking regularly! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're using much less lights now too. Doing as much as possible by keeping blinds open and not running computers at night too. It does help in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to work on the not using the computer that much at night! Once I start working 2nd shift at my temp job it'll help....cuz I won't be home :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by WebRing.