October 15, 2008

Proverbs 31 Bible Study - The True Woman of Proverbs 31


Wow! I have been gone for a long time! Life has been crazy...I haven't been able to focus online and did not want to work on this study until I was actually able to focus. We went to Red River Gorge a couple of weekends ago and had the kids last week. Tim has been really busy trying to get ready for his first hunting season! And we got a deep freezer for $20 today so he'll be able to hunt all he wants! So onto the study. This weeks study is entitled The True Woman of Proverbs 31. There are many different myths about this woman as we talked about in the last part of the study but no matter what angle you look at this proverb from we can come to these conclusions:

1) The spiritual aspect of Proverbs 31 is that this woman is a description of the bride of Christ.

2) She has a pure heart. God sees a clear distinction between a person's actions and a person's heart.

3) She fills her heart with God's word and praises to her King and He will give her the desires of her heart. The desires He placed within her.

This section of the Bible Study was a lot deeper to me than the others, which makes sense that I would feel this way as we progressed into our study. Knowing these qualities about this woman makes me feel better about myself. A question asked by Amy was why we should not compare ourselves to other women? I think that it is clear when we discuss who this woman truly is. We have to follow the desires that our Lord has put in our hearts and not try and be like other women around us. Only God knows what is best for us. It is pointless for us to try and be like the Joneses. I think that we will be more blessed when we do not stray from the plans that the Lord has for us. We also have to be open to these plans. I never thought that I would be a country girl but here I am a year later and I wouldn't have it any other way. I truly believe that God lead me to where I am today and I am glad that I followed. I have taken a lot of slack from other people but I can't compare myself to them and what they have done with their lives. I can only see what I have done with mine and pray for my family's future.
We have learned that the desires of a woman's heart are the following:

She desires to love God with all her heart, soul, and mind. (vs. 31:30)
She desires to be a good Godly wife (vs. 31:11, 12, 23, 28)
She desires to be a good Godly mother (vs. 31:28)
She desires to be a good manager of her household (vs. 31:15, 21, 27)
She desires to be resourceful (vs. 31:14, 16, 18, 24)
She desires to be used by God (vs. 31:13,17, 19, 20, 21)
She desires to be transformed by God (vs. 31:25, 26, 29, 31)


Scripture for Memory:

And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

-Jeremiah 29:13


That's all for now. I should be answering the other two parts of the study sometime this week (I am really behind). Please visit Amy if you want to join the study and for other people's responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing.