October 16, 2008

Proverbs 31 Bible Study - Relationship with God



Wow! I thought that the last bible study topic was thought provoking! This topic really made stop and think. Two central thoughts that Amy shared was:

1) Our relationship with God is more important than any other relationship we could try to maintain or establish.

2) There is only one priority: God

Amy wanted us to think about whether or not we really knew God. You have to make an effort. You do that through being in his word, worship, prayer and serving his children. I am trying really hard on the first three. I am struggling on serving his children. Even my husband, which is sad. I have been in a funk lately that I have not been able to shake. Also with priorities, there is no priority list. There goes my God, husband, children, home, everything else theory I've been working on. Everything is equally important under God and the key is knowing what should be a priority and when. If the Lord tells you to do something then He will prepare the way. Thanks Amy for enlightening us on all of this. This is hard for me. I have a major problem with priorities so learning that God is my only priority actually makes it easier for me. If I focus on him then everything else should fall into place. Amy lets us know that it helps to be constantly praying over everything. That helps because most women do not have the time to spend an hour in prayer every morning. Praise the Lord for the beautiful day, pray when you need help with a decision, etc. I have been doing this more often and I hope and pray that I will continue this when I have to go back to work. It's actually the only thing that will help me to go on during the months that I have to go back to work.

Scripture for Memory

Trust in the Lord with all your heart. And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

I love this! I pray to the Lord every night that I will begin to rely on him more and that he will direct my ways. Our question to ponder: Have you been following Him or trying to make your own path? I am slowly been following him instead of making my own path. It will take a long time to get where I need to be but I was definitely used to trying to be an independent woman. I am slowly learning to rely on Him and my husband. A true struggle for me is learning to rely on them for everything and not just the things that I am weak with. I say this because I do rely on my husband for a lot of things but their my choice. If I see myself as being more knowledgeable or competent with something than I felt I should control it. I am slowly learning and unraveling those old teachings.

Visit Amy for more insight on the bible study!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing.