September 16, 2008

Proverbs 31 Bible Study



I am participating in a bible study over at In Pursuit of Proverbs 31. Since getting married I have been very interested in aspiring to become the Proverbs 31 woman. She is a wonderful role model and it takes a lifetime to become like her. But if we are not aspiring and studying her, we will not make progress.

Amy wanted us to answer some questions for the introductory post to the study and I will be updating you on the study weekly. If you would like to join, go here.

"For this introduction post, I would like for everyone who intends to participate to post about it on their blog and answer the following thought provoking questions:

What do you hope to get out of this bible study? I am hoping to become a better Christian, wife, mother and general person.
What, if anything, has prevented you from studying these scriptures in the past? I have just recently become a Christian and learned about the Proverbs 31 woman. I do regularly read that scripture but have not studied it in depth.
What have you found helpful or frustrating about living out these scriptures? I am a lazy person most of the time and have a hard time doing things on my own. I feel that I am finally growing up and accepting my responsibilities even though I have been in and out of the real world since I was 18. It is helpful to read other blogs about women who also aspire to be like the Proverbs 31 woman.

3 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    Thank you so much for participating in this study. I really look forward to taking this journey with you and seeing what God has in store for you through it.

    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    I am so looking forward to this study! Thanks for starting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting this study as well. I think that we all, as a society, have become lazy. We can be better than that though...with God's grace and help. I hope that this will be an enlightening, inspirational and effective study for all of us.
    Many blessings...Anita

    ReplyDelete

Powered by WebRing.