October 16, 2008

Thrifty Thursday's


Well I'm back with some more thrifty tips! My tip today is to get to know your local establishments. My husband is going hunting for the first time and had to get a bunch of hunting supplies. Well our local Wal-mart was lacking in certain areas (as it always is) and we had to drive almost an hour to go to Cincinnati to go to the Bass Pro shop (which Tim loves). I wouldn't mind because I like looking around too but it's kind of expensive and wastes a lot of gas and time. So the other day he was talking to people at work and he found out that there was a local hunting store! Score! It took us about 20 minutes to get there and had exactly what he wanted! I also feel better about stimulating our local economy and the small business owners than the great big corporations! So that was pretty exciting for us.
Visit Thrifty Jinxy for more Thrifty Thursday tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing.